VK Architects & Engineers is looking for a structural engineer with a specialization in façade engineering. VK has offices in Belgium: Brussels, Charleroi, Ghent, Roeselare, and Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi.
We are a solid, multi-disciplinary organization that operates for national and international clients in Healthcare Design and Building Engineering, with a strong commitment to sustainable design. We have established a solid Façade Engineering cell and are looking for an experienced façade expert who can implement hands-on façade knowledge into our façade designs & projects. A few examples of our recent projects in façade engineering: Hospital Sint-Maarten Mechelen, ZNA hospital in Antwerp, the new NATO Headquarters in Brussels, De Krook in Ghent, new VRT building, Möbius I and II, Infinity tower in Luxembourg, Grand Hospital of Charleroi, Solvay Campus Neder-Over-Heembeek.
If you are passionate about façade engineering, show ambition and don’t shy away from a challenge, VK Architects & Engineers can offer you the opportunity to grow and develop your career.
To extend our integrated engineering solutions with high-specialized know-how, we search for our office in Brussels, Charleroi, Ghent or Roeselare(m/f) :
STRUCTURAL FACADE ENGINEER
As structural façade engineer your role will include:
- Engineering of preliminary designs, detailed designs and prepare associated calculations, specifications, reports etc… as required for the execution of projects.
- Façade engineering design and buildability consultancy, including material knowledge in the following fields: glass, aluminium, precast concrete, architectural steel, lightweight structures, stone cladding etc…
- Provide design sketches and reports for schematic design development and different construction phases of projects.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with client consultants, architects, structural engineers, general contractors and façade contractors to determine the best façade designs & solutions.
- Coordinate and attend test mock-ups, factories, construction sites and produce detailed reports.
- Experience in testing and installation of different façade systems is a must.
- Be responsible for efficient and profitable completion of projects and tasks under your control whilst maintaining excellent technical standards and client satisfaction.
As structural façade engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor / Master’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering / Architecture.
- Relevant experience working in façade engineering in the construction industry.
- Proven experience with façade systems and design.
- Working knowledge of relevant standards and building codes.
- Experience in writing documentation and reports.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, highly organized.
- Languages: Dutch, French, English.
VK Architects & Engineers offers you, not only, an attractive salary package, but also a stable job within an international-oriented company in full expansion, with a clear long-term vision and with special and continuous attention for innovation and sustainability, but most of all for the training & development and well being of its employees. You will be working – as a member of a passionate team - on many interesting and challenging projects at home and abroad. Discover VK and our projects online at www.vkgroup.be.
Are you a passionate façade engineer with an open mind to the world? If you are interested in working with us, please contact Martine Decock at +32 474 99 63 15 for more information or send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also spontaneous applications are welcome. Link to other vacancies on www.vkgroup.be/careers
Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Ready to design?