Senior Project Engineer HVAC
Tractebel is looking for a :
Senior Project Engineer HVAC - Brussels
You will work as Senior Project Engineer for our department Building & Complex Structures which is responsible for engineering and consultancy services related to the development and realisation of Buildings, including Tertiary and Industrial Buildings, Sport Infrastructures and consultancy missions related to buildings. These projects cover feasibility, basic design, detailed design, technical assistance during construction and on-site construction follow-up. Our activity is mainly situated in Belgium, even though we have projects worldwide in specific market segments.
Within a project team under the functional leadership of the Lead Engineer, the Senior Engineer (Technical Specialist) is responsible for performing the engineering assignment within his/her field of expertise.
Your main responsibilities are:
- To issue/collaborate to the quality insurance plan related to her (his) field of expertise;
- To establish design principles for installations/equipment/structures;
- To collaborate with the client and the other designers in developing the project design;
- To guarantee proper dimensioning of the installations/equipment/structures;
- To issue instructions to the design and calculation team;
- To control and monitor the creation and progress of any graphic materials and any measurement overviews;
- To issue any Design Notes, Drafts, Specifications, Technical Specifications and Briefs etc;
- To provide cost estimates for the works under consideration;
- To understand, analyze and comment the tenders and proposals submitted by the Bidders;
- To control and validate the produced documents (analysis, brief) before delivery;
- To control and validate equipment at the plant and on site;
- To control and validate the completed works;
- To comply with and enforce compliance with the Health/Safety guidelines set out in the Project Safety Plan;
- Coordinate engineering team of 2-5 persons;
- Evaluate and correct the design of junior engineers.
- You are a Civil or Industrial engineer;
- You have at least 15 years of professional experience;
- Proven of knowledge Energy efficient solutions in buildings and systems;
- Knowledge of Aeraulics + hydraulics: piping, ventilation, thermal energy production (heating, cooling, steam);
- Basic knowledge of plumbing;
- Knowledge of 2D/3D drawing tools;
- Knowledge of dynamic energy simulation tools;
- You have good communication skills;
- You are a team player;
- You are very flexible, customer-oriented and have a sense of responsibility;
- You take initiative and are well organised;
- You have a very good knowledge of French and you master English and Dutch.
What we offer
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Boulevard Simon Bolivar 34-36