Senior Consultant in Safety Services
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
Safety performance is a continuing source of risk to business, and an increasing focus of business leadership. Companies are spending as much as 15% to 20% of operating expenditures on safety process and program but seeing only a fraction of this impacting behaviours on the front-line and therefore safety performance. ERM takes a distinctive approach to safety performance improvement – one focused across the entirety of our client’s lifecycle.
ERM partners with clients to reduce accidents by unlocking untapped potential in people, safety programs, and processes. This focuses on Case for Change assessments to diagnose, review, develop and streamline corporate, BU and facility safety programs. From this flows a better understanding of a client’s vision, their business risk profile, critical issues, their desired state and what needs to occur to be at their desired state. ERM’s approaches also focus on leadership performance and behaviours - practical actions and high impact training to motivate and equip corporate, site-based, and front-line leaders to breathe life into established programs and processes.
It is recognized that ERM’s Safety practice requires additional technical and delivery capacity in order to enjoy continued growth. For this reason, a Senior Consultant is sought to support the safety business based in our offices in Belgium or The Netherlands. The focus of the role will be on the delivery of projects and assisting in developing our work with ERM key clients.
Key responsibilities include
- Manage and deliver safety programs focused on improved behaviour and performance for a variety of clients with complex technical/ regulatory issues.
- Deliver safety leadership training and coaching for world class companies
- Achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Prepare effective technical proposals and take active role in developing new business with existing clients. Expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
Success in this role will require the ability to deliver high quality services, to influence managers through developing and maintaining trust and respect, and to work with ERM teams in a high performant and energetic environment.
- Bachelor or Masters in Engineering (for example Electrical or Mechanical), Behavioural Safety, Ergonomics or similar qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in industry or consultancy roles in Health & Safety Programmes
Strong experience with organizational initiatives in safety, quality methods or other organizational change process
- Ability to engage with Site leadership teams credibly and work closely with supervisors and operators in the field
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent facilitation, training and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch and/or French
- Ability to develop business and commercial skills
- Willingness to undertake both domestic and international travel (up to 50%)
The successful candidate will have an understanding of risk and safety management processes with a particular focus on safety culture transformation including all or some of the following:
- Hazard identification and risk assessment to prevent accidents through broad-based organizational involvement
- Leadership engagement and coaching both at corporate and in the field
- Managing incidents to mitigate consequences and learning from incidents, both good and bad, to prevent reoccurrences (experience and qualifications in accident investigation would be of interest)
- Competency assessment and training programs for behavioural change
- Management processes and technical standards for safety critical tasks
About the offer of ERM to you
Careers at ERM are a journey rather than a destination. Whatever career journey you decide to take, we will aspire to provide you with support, structure and opportunities to help you succeed.
ERM is structured to encourage collaboration and networking among regional offices, providing opportunities to network with our global service teams and remediation technology experts to share best practices, access the best talent, and partner on consulting opportunities.
We are a leading expert in several innovative technologies, including High Resolution Site Characterization techniques, Thermal Remediation, Enhanced Bioremediation, as well as green and sustainable remediation solutions. With a proven track record excelling within complex and challenging project parameters, our outstanding work has led our clients to trust us with their most challenging sites across the globe.
We offer you the possibility to work on interesting multiple projects, allowing you to develop skills in various areas. You will work independently and will have a valuable contribution on important projects.
We offer a scope of internal trainings and a career path with the possibility to grow within the company over the years, possibly through development programs.
We offer a salary which is competitive to the market, and a good variety of secondary benefits such as 24 vacation days, group insurance, hospitalization insurance, laptop and mobile phone, meal vouchers and 100% payment of public transport from home to work. Our offices are located near main train stations.
Join ERM and you will be helping to build a cleaner, safer and more sustainable planet for generations to come.