Project Leader Building Construction (HVAC)
Tractebel is looking for a :
Project Leader Building Projects (HVAC) - Ghent
You will work as Project Leader for our department Building & Complex Structures which is responsible for engineering and consultancy services related to the development and realisation of Buildings, including Tertiary and Industrial Buildings, Sport Infrastructures and consultancy missions related to buildings. These projects cover feasibility, basic design, detailed design, technical assistance during construction and on-site construction follow-up. Our activity is mainly situated in Belgium, even though we have projects worldwide in specific market segments.
You will be based in Ghent but are prepared to work with teams in our different regional offices (Ghent, Brussels and Hasselt).
As Project Leader, you:
- Lead, motivate and manage a project team of multi-disciplinary engineers and draftsmen for your projects (teams consisting of structural, MEP, acoustical, …. engineers depending on the project);
- Depending on the scale of the project you are also in charge as the lead engineer HVAC on your projects;
- You are responsible for ensuring that the budget, the timing and the quality of our engineering services and the works on site is executed as required. You will make sure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules;
- You report progress for all your projects on a monthly basis,
- You participate as the lead engineer HVAC of your projects with emphasis on conceptual competences;
- You enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved;
- You prepare and submit tenders and contracts (with assistance of our sales team);
- You work together with external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, subcontractors, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) in a constructive way;
- You respond to the wishes and needs of the client.
- You have a Master degree in Engineering Science;
- You have at least 10 years of engineering experience within the building sector and with HVAC background;
- The projects you worked on were mainly building projects;
- You were involved in all aspects and phases of your projects: competition, design, studies, tender, execution, management,…);
- You have experience with competitive bidding (competitions): conceptual design, quick estimation of building cost, definition and negotiation of the fee, presentation to the client or authorities, etc.
- Dutch is your mother tongue and you have a very good knowledge of French and English;
- You are experienced as multi-disciplinary project leader;
- You have good communication skills;
- You are client oriented and flexible;
- You have and create good contacts with architects;
- You are a team player;
- Mobility by car is necessary so an international driving license “B” is required;
- A certain background in BIM applications is an asset.
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Boulevard Simon Bolivar 34-36