Jr. Consultant Soil & Groundwater Remediation
Our Environmental Services team currently has an exciting vacancy for a Dutch and/or French speaking Junior Consultant Soil & Groundwater Remediation to be based in our Leuven or Ghent office. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic team which undertakes a wide variety of projects for mainly international private sector clients based in Belgium and abroad. These projects involve, but are not limited to contaminated Soil investigation and remediation, risk assessments, remedial design and follow-up.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Performing the environmental oversight of remedial works on the site for short or longer period of time under the supervision of a project manager.
• Controlling the performance of the remediation contractor works with respect to the remedial action plan.
• Coordinating field service subcontractors and fully supervise ground investigation works if required.
• Collecting soil and groundwater samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities.
• Daily reporting of works on site.
• Coordinating with laboratories to secure appropriate analysis and in a timetable consistent with project requirements.
• Compiling and interpret field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models
• Undertaking desk studies, site investigations, laboratory procurement for environmental analysis, data analysis, factual and interpretive report writing.
• Ensuring that health and safety issues are addressed throughout the life of a project. AECOM has a strong safety culture which is supported across the business worldwide.
• As part of our team, you're expected to implement safety, quality and customer focus into your day-to-day activities. You’ll participate in all safety initiatives, you’ll ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues and you’ll support and achieve safety objectives through orienting, training and coaching.
• Master or BSc degree in Geology, Geography, Bio Engineering or another technical, environmental or chemical field of study.
• We are looking for a Dutch and or French speaking colleague with fluent English written and verbal language skills.
• Graduate or approximately 1 to 3 year experience in a similar role within the environmental consultancy sector.
• Confidence with client communication, customer focus.
• Demonstrated excellent analytical and report writing and communication skills.
• Solid attention to detail and thorough approach to work.
• Able to work both independently and in teams.
• Room for self-development and initiative in a young and dynamic team.
• Willingness to travel occasionally within mainly Belgium and occasionally in the Netherlands or abroad to meet the needs of specific projects.
• The candidate should have a valid driver license for a car
• Confidence with working in a team;
• Strong commitment to AECOM’s health and safety culture.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects;
At AECOM we know the importance of ensuring our people have the opportunity to grow in the broadest possible sense of the term. ‘Freedom to Grow’ is a new, flexible and inclusive work culture within AECOM giving our diverse talent pool the freedom to work in the way they feel most productive and energized, so everyone can bring their best self to work, thrive and reach their full potential. Freedom in this context ranges from choosing the time and place we work, through to the workstyle we choose to deploy, the way we communicate and think. Our guiding principle throughout this journey is, if it works for you, your team and your clients then it works for AECOM; and AECOM offers a salary, which is competitive to the market and a good variety of secondary benefits such as 32 vacation days, seniority days, group insurance, hospitalization insurance with DKV, laptop and smartphone, monthly net allowance, meal vouchers, eco vouchers and 100% payment of public transport from home to work. Our offices are located near the train stations of Leuven and Gentbrugge.
At AECOM, we believe in potential !
When you join a company that’s pioneering the future, your opportunities are unlimited. By connecting the largest network of professional expertise in the industry, we’re finding new approaches and better answers to the toughest challenges. And we want you to be a part of it.
Efficient buildings. Faster transportation. Improved security. Healthier environments. Resilient cities.
Every day, in dozens of markets and more than 150 countries, our employees are exploring new possibilities for a better world. If you’re interested in a career path that’s as dynamic as you are, apply now on link
Join AECOM and make amazing happen !
More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com
Where to apply
Via our career site: https://aecom.jobs/
Send your CV to Gerard Haar, Talent Acquisition Lead Benelux & Nordic: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Theresiastraat 34a