VK Architects & Engineers
offers its services to Healthcare Design and Building Engineering. VK has offices in Brussels, Charleroi, Ghent, Roeselare, Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam) and Hanoi (Vietnam).
Architects, real estate developers, industrial clients and public authorities can rely on VK for its widely recognized engineering services for their buildings, industrial facilities and public space. Our building physics, structural engineering and public space teams keep track of the newest technologies.
As knowledge company Advanced engineering plays a crucial role in our organization. Advanced engineering collects all our top experts and continuously monitors and strengthens the innovative power and technological and technical high-quality of VK's services. This is not only to the benefit of our projects and our clients, but also to our employees, who can always fall back on our know-how and expertise to further develop and upgrade their knowledge and skills.
VK offers a full range of fire safety engineering services from the design process towards detailed engineering. A few examples: Hospital Sint-Maarten à Mechelen, ZNA hospital in Antwerp, the new NATO Headquarters in Brussels, AP University in Antwerp, Treurenberg à Bruxelles, Nivelles Shopping Center, new sorting center Bpost in Brussels, Wintercircus in Ghent, Barco in Kortrijk, Solvay Headquarters Neder-Over-Heembeek),….
To extend our integrated engineering solutions with high-specialized know-how, we search for our office in Ghent
FIRE SAFETY ENGINEER
Skills & experience
- Develop innovative fire safety solutions that satisfy authorities’ requirements and that are cost-effective and sustainable. This involves analyzing designs in terms of potential fire growth, means of egress, structural fire resistance and smoke control by various methods including computer simulations.
- Participate to design workshops, with architects and engineers, to optimize building and FSE solutions for the project.
- Sketch details to develop fire safety concepts and to translate your ideas to clients and architects.
- Develop multi-criteria analysis and designs to present to clients & architects different solutions and their technical implementations on the project.
- Present and defend fire safety strategies during meetings with Authority Having Jurisdiction (fire brigade, insurer,…) .
- Collaborating within a multidisciplinary team & working together with architects, clients and building professionals of other disciplines.
- Understand installation drawings and technical drawings for all fire safety requirements.
- Strong affinity with architecture (fire compartmentation, evacuation path,…).
- Knowledge of CFD packages (such as FDS), evacuation packages (such as Pathfinder), zone models (such as Ozone) .
- Sketching, presentation and reporting skills are a must.
- Previous experience or affinity with FSE (relevant postgraduate or international degree).
- Hands-on, independent attitude.
- Creative thinking.
- Willing to learn, motivated, enthusiastic and social.
- Language: Dutch, French, English.
- Living in Belgium or interested in moving to Belgium.
VK Architects & Engineers offers you, not only, an attractive salary package, but also a stable job within an international-oriented company in full expansion, with a clear long term vision and with special and continuous attention for innovation and sustainability, but most of all for the training and development of its employees. You will be working – as a member of a passionate team - on many interesting and challenging projects at home and abroad. Discover VK and our projects online at www.vkgroup.be
Are you a passionate designer with an open mind to the world? If you are interested in working with us, please contact Martine Decock at +32 474 99 63 15 for more information or send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also spontaneous applications are welcome. Link to other vacancies on www.vkgroup.be/careers
Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Ready to design?