Senior Program Manager Flanders (Mid- Senior level)
ERM is looking for a driven, result-oriented, and experienced Senior Program Manager to join the Liability Portfolio Management and Remediation (LPMR) team in Antwerp (or Brussels). You will manage a portfolio of large investigation, construction, and remediation projects in the Flanders region, for an important ERM client. This is an opportunity for a senior professional looking to continue their career in a leading global environmental, social and sustainability consulting firm.
About the service you will offer to our clients
ERM’s LPMR Service is aimed at helping clients manage environmental liabilities and realize maximum value from their contaminated land challenges. We strive to develop risk-based soil and groundwater remediation strategies that protect human health and ecology, whilst satisfying our clients’ business goals and meeting regulatory obligations. We manage their risks and clean up their balance sheets, while keeping a close eye on costs and managing stakeholders’ expectations. Our global services include site investigation, risk assessment, remediation, and redevelopment strategy development and implementation to help capture value from our clients’ active facilities and discontinued operations across the globe, supported by decommissioning and demolition services where needed.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Program Manager role over a number of large-scale projects for an important ERM client in the manufacturing industry. These projects involve complex investigation, construction, and remediation works managing the environmental challenges of emerging contaminants in soil and groundwater.
- Work in close collaboration with ERM project managers, subject matter experts and ERM leadership to support the effective planning and delivery of the portfolio of projects safely and within agreed scope/budget/schedule expectations.
- Develop and manage a program-level schedule to track progress, milestones, float, lag, etc. of all related projects/workstreams.
- Effectively lead on the management of key performance indicators like health and safety, revenue, optimising resource planning, timely invoicing, and cash collection.
- Build strong and effective working relationships with clients, project stakeholders, project teams (both external and internal to ERM), subcontractors, and other ERM service lines and ERM business units (BU) involved.
- Plan and lead on the proper resourcing of the different projects, including ERM staff and subcontractors.
- Mentor project team members on best management practices and appropriately delegate project assignments to support team members.
Our ideal candidate:
- Minimum Professional Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, plus for Professional Engineers.
- Extended experience as an experienced program/project manager on complex construction works for an international contractor and/or engineering firm.
- Professional Project Management certification preferred (e.g., PMI)
- Confident in facing clients and regulators.
- Must be highly proficient in both Flemish and English (written and spoken).
- Driven, eager-to-learn, open communicator, proactive in tackling problems and providing solutions, analytic mindset.
- Thrives in a collaborative working environment but is also able to work independently.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Is willing to travel to perform site visits, meet clients, kick-off projects and chair on-site project progress meetings.
- Has a driving license (B).
What we offer
Careers at ERM are a journey rather than a destination. Whatever career journey you decide to take, we will aspire to provide you with support, structure and opportunities to help you succeed.
- ERM is structured to encourage collaboration and networking among regional offices, providing opportunities to network with our (inter)national practice team and remediation technology experts to share best practices, access the best talent, and partner on consulting opportunities.
- We are a leading expert in several innovative technologies as well as green and sustainable remediation solutions. With a proven track record excelling within complex and demanding project parameters, our outstanding work has led our clients to trust us with their most challenging sites across the globe.
- We offer you the possibility to work on multiple interesting projects, allowing you to develop skills in various areas. You will work independently and will have a valuable contribution on important projects.
- We offer a salary which is competitive to the market and a good variety of secondary benefits such as, pension fund of which the premium is fully provided for by ERM, laptop and mobile phone, and 100% payment of public transport from home to work. Our offices are located near main train stations.
- We offer a scope of internal trainings and a career path with the possibility to grow within the company over the years, possibly through development programs.
Join ERM and you will be helping to build a cleaner, safer and more sustainable planet for generations to come.