At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world. Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
Our Environmental Services team currently has an exciting vacancy for a Dutch speaking Environmental Consultant to be based in our Ghent office. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic team which undertakes a wide variety of projects for mainly international private sector clients based in Belgium and abroad. These projects involve, but are not limited to, contaminated soil investigation and remediation, risk assessments, remedial design and follow-up.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Performing the environmental oversight of remedial works on the site for short or longer periods of time under the supervision of a project manager.
- Controlling the performance of the remediation contractor works with respect to the remedial action plan.
- Coordinating field service subcontractors and fully supervise ground investigation works if required.
- Collecting soil and groundwater samples / data during assessment and remedial action activities.
- Daily reporting and regulator reporting (Flanders region) of works conducted on site.
- Coordinating with laboratories to secure appropriate analysis and in a timetable consistent with project requirements.
- Compiling and interpret field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models
- Undertaking desk studies, site investigations, laboratory procurement for environmental analysis, data analysis, factual and interpretive report writing.
- Ensuring that health and safety issues are addressed throughout the life of a project.
AECOM has a strong safety culture which is supported across the business worldwide.As part of our team, you're expected to implement safety, quality and customer focus into your day-to-day activities. You’ll participate in all safety initiatives, you’ll ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues and you’ll support and achieve safety objectives through orienting, training and coaching.
- Master or BSc degree in Geology, Geography, Bio Engineering or another technical, environmental or chemical field of study.
- Fluent Dutch and English language skills both written and verbal.
- At least 3 year experience in a similar role within the environmental consultancy sector.
- Confidence with client communication, customer focus.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and report writing and communication skills.
- Solid attention to detail and thorough approach to work.
- Able to work both independently and in teams.
- Room for self-development and initiative in a young and dynamic team.
- The candidate should have a valid driver license for a car
- Confidence with working in a team;Strong commitment to AECOM’s health and safety culture..
Willingness to travel occasionally within mainly Belgium and occasionally in the Netherlands or abroad to meet the needs of specific projects.
Fluency in French is a plus
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.