SUEZ - IWS - Remediation / Grimbergen, Belgium
Present on 5 continents, with its 90,000 employees, SUEZ is a group of services and industrial solutions specializing in the recovery and securing of resources. SUEZ Recycling & Recovery offers solutions for the management and recovery of all types of waste to produce new resources (material, energy…). The teams in this activity contribute to the collection, sorting, dismantling, recycling, recovery and marketing of new resources and specialized services on sites and industries.
The Industrial Waste Specialties Business Unit (IWS) of SUEZ, aims to develop the hazardous waste management business in Europe. To support its growth, SUEZ RR IWS Remediation, the entity in charge of the “Soil Remediation” activity is looking for an (M/F):
ENVIRONMENTAL TENDER ENGINEER
As part of our business development team, you will work on different soil remediation tenders, perform feasibility studies and develop technical solutions.
This domain can be wide ranging in scope involving various types of site remediation or soil treatment challenges. SUEZ RR IWS Remediation has a proven track record in large scale remediation works and you will work within this national and international context to secure future projects. Business travels can occur regularly.
You will as a project leader, also prepare & follow up the execution phase of some in situ or on site projects (in an coordinating role), some abroad.
Further job description:
- Working on offers and tenders for national and international remediation projects;
- Offer technical support to the projects department;
- Managing remediation projects abroad as a project leader;
- Undertaking technical sales and consulting activities (e.g. prospecting, attending seminars, …)
- If needed you will coordinate with other experts of the SUEZ group on specific cases.
- On-site testing, on site sampling, and site follow-up where needed.
Job profile & skills
- You have a Master degree in geosciences, (bio-)engineering, environmental sciences or similar;
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in remediation or environmental services;
- You are analytical minded and able to work independently on various solutions at the same time;
- You possess good entrepreneurial and commercial skills;
- Being a strong communicator, you’re also multi-lingual: fluent in English (written and spoken), at least fluent in one of our other corporate languages (Dutch or French), other languages are welcomed.
- An interesting & varied job in the environmental sector within a stable company and a world-leader in their field of work;
- An attractive salary package plus non-statutory fringe benefits (including a company car, insurances, meal vouchers,…);
- The opportunity to be involved in major international projects and participate in assignments abroad.