Environmental Permitting Consultant – (Omgevingsvergunningen - milieuluik)
- Oudenaarde, or Visé (Luik), Belgium
Are you an environmental expert in Flanders or know it like back of your hand? Have you accumulated experience of compliance and due diligence? Do you want to take on bigger responsibilities and lead significant projects with your knowledge and vision on sustainable solutions that will have a direct impact on your environment and communities? If yes, keep reading and then send your application by clicking the Apply-button!
Ramboll is a global engineering, architecture and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. We are a responsible business and sustainable practices have been part of Ramboll’s DNA since the company’s inception. Ramboll was the first engineering consultancy in the world to be certified after the UN sustainable development goals. In 2022 we set a bold direction for the coming four years and launched our new business strategy: The Partner for Sustainable Change. Together we enable our stakeholders to realise their goals and navigate the transition to a more sustainable future. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world.
Ramboll in Belgium has ambitious and exciting plans for growth within our Environment & Health division. The demand from clients to provide sustainability, environmental and safety services is growing, especially in the field of circular economy, renewable energy, and industrial and chemical facilities. You can find out more about our services at https://www.ramboll.com/en-gb/environmental-nature-based-services
We are now looking for a driven and resourceful environmental professional with experience in environmental permitting, not only for permits related to SME projects but also for challenging large projects in for example the manufacturing or chemical sector. Other relevant knowledge that will support your career with us are:
- Experience with Environmental Compliance (audits)
- Experience with Environmental Due Diligence
- Environmental Management Systems
- Environmental Impact Assessment
Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of relevant work experience gained within Flanders, preferrable some of it in consulting, and will be fluent in Dutch and English.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Undertake project work for Ramboll in Benelux (main focus) and abroad (as opportunities arise), predominantly in the following service areas
- Prepare environmental permit requests for challenging large projects in different industrial sectors, mainly working for international clients
- Coordination and QA/QC of assessments required in context of permit application (e.g. noise, air, environmental impact assessments)
- Organize and attend meetings with stakeholders and the regulator in context of the environmental permitting projects
- When opportunities arise, get involved in Environmental Due Diligence, Environmental Compliance and Environmental Du Diligence
- Mentor junior environmental employees of the Ramboll Belgium team.
- Sharing in and contributing to the overall development of Ramboll in Benelux and abroad, especially on the Environmental Services. This includes undertaking business development and sales initiatives, with support of other Senior Ramboll staff as required.
- Developing the Ramboll international profile by participation in and taking initiatives into the Ramboll international network.
In general, you have the desire to succeed and thrive, to ensure that our services are above the rest in the competitive field of environmental and health consulting.
Benefits at Ramboll
From Day 1 you will be welcomed to the multidisciplinary team with the opportunity to collaborate with other experts in your field internationally, pursuit your interests and follow a personal career plan. You will have access to internal and external training to support your development.
Ramboll has operated a hybrid working policy for years now so you can split your time between home and the office in Oudenaarde or Visé (Luik), as well as a flexible working policy to allow you to manage your hours worked across the week to match your personal needs and professional time more closely.
We will offer you a salary that matches your experience and expertise in line with our other consultants’ and top it with a yearly bonus. We will contribute substantially to your pension, and you will have full health and pension insurances through Ramboll. You will have 20 days of annual leave, plus 6 compensation days, in addition to statutory holidays for Belgium (plus 1 extra day per 2 years of service, to a maximum of 4 extra days). In addition to a daily lunch benefit, we will of course cover any representation costs for this role and can support you with your commuting preference.
Working at Ramboll
Ramboll is a social company, we stand for a friendly, open and respectful working environment where we realise that our employees are the most important shareholders. We provide good guidance from management, training, and career opportunities. Our teams of local and international experts provide support to the projects you are involved in. We are involved in a wider variety of projects for (international) clients, together with our teams of experts from the various divisions within Ramboll.
How to apply
Provide us your CV and other relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!