Our Environmental Services team currently has an exciting vacancy for a Consultant Soil & Groundwater remediation to be based in our Leuven or Ghent office. The successful
candidate will work in a dynamic team which undertakes a wide variety of projects for mainly international private sector clients based in Belgium and abroad. These projects
involve, but are not limited to contaminated soil investigation and remediation, risk
assessments, remedial design and follow-up.
We’re looking for a consultant with good knowledge of the soil and groundwater legislation in Belgium who’s eager to get involved and manage, independently or in team, smaller to large size and complex soil and groundwater problems.
AECOM has a strong safety culture which is supported across the business worldwide. As part of our team, you're expected to implement safety, quality and customer focus into your day-to-day activities. You’ll participate in all safety initiatives, you’ll ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues and you’ll support and achieve safety objectives through orienting, training and coaching.
• Master or BSc degree in Geology, Geography, Bio Engineering or another technical, environmental or chemical field of study.
• We are looking for a Dutch and/or French speaking colleague with fluent English written and verbal language skills.
• Around 5 year experience in a similar role within the environmental consultancy sector.
• Confidence with client communication.
• Demonstrated excellent analytical and report writing and communication skills.
• Solid attention to detail and thorough approach to work.
• Has knowledge of present- day Belgian Soil & Groundwater legislation.
• Able to work both independently and in teams.
• Room for self-development and initiative in a young and dynamic team.
• Willingness to travel occasionally within mainly Belgium and occasionally in the Netherlands or abroad to meet the needs of specific projects.
• The candidate should have a valid driver license for a car.